Refund + Cancellation Policy
We have a 48 hour refund policy, which means you have 48 hours after receiving your item to request a refund. This does not include deposits placed on livestock like poultry or bee orders.
To be eligible for a refund, we must email us a picture of your concern. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a refund request, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your refund request is accepted, we will refund your account fully for the cost of the item minus a 10% admin fee if the request takes place after 48 hours.
You can always contact us for any return questions at email@example.com.
Loss, Damages, and Issues
Peony Roots/Bare Root Roses/Potted Plants: Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us within 48 hours if the root is damaged or if you are unhappy with the quality.
Once the two day window has passed you assume the liability of the planting and care for the peony root/bare root rose.
- We will not be held responsible for the roots after they are planted. There are many components out of our control. You are responsible for their growth and care. We cannot guarantee our roots after they are planted.
- We will not make substitutes to your order without your prior consent
- If we are unable to provide you with a high quality root due to circumstances beyond our control, we will issue a full refund or offer a substitution.
- Any refunds will only be for the purchase price, excluding shipping cost.
- We are not responsible for plant loss due to weather/climate, neglect, animals, zone incompatibility, or performance in following seasons.
Chicks/Poultry/Sheep/Live Bees: If purchased livestock dies within 48 hours of pick up, you must notify us within that 48 hr time frame. Along with our vets, work hard to ensure the health of our animals, but cannot control the situations they encounter once they leave our farm and care. We will fully refund you the cost of the animal(s) if reported within the 48 hour timeline. We also partially refund if you purchase a female chick and it turns out to be a rooster.
Once the animal(s) leave our property, you assume the liability of the animal
- We will not be held responsible for animals after they have left our property. There are many components out of our control. You are responsible for their actions, growth and care.
- It is important to wash your hands after touching livestock as they can carry diseases like salmonella that can make humans sick. We will not be held liable for injuries or illnesses incurred by the animal you have purchased from us.
- Recommended read: Raise healthy small flock poultry disease prevention guide
We will notify you once we’ve received your refund request email with picture of the root(s), plants, livestock you are concerned about, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
Planting, Bee, and Chick Care Recommendations
We recommend that you plant your bare roots within the first 48 hours of receiving them. This is best for the root, but will also allow you to identify any issues within the 48 hour time period. Be sure to report any concerns prior to planting as you assume liability once planted.
Rare breed chicks or goslings should be kept at the recommended temperature for age with fresh water in a secure location. It is recommended that you add water to chick starter for the first 2 weeks of life. While we tests regularly for poultry diseases, it is important to wash your hands after touching them as they can carry diseases like salmonella that can make humans sick.
Honey bee nucs should be installed into their hives within 48 hours of receiving them if weather permits and be fed a 1:1 sugar water ratio for the first month to ensure colony health.
Order Cancellation Policy
Orders cancelled within 48 hours of placement will be fully refunded. All orders cancelled after 2 weeks of the time of order placement will be charged a 10% cancellation fee based on the order total.
Bee Nuc orders require a $50 deposit at the time the order is place to secure your order. The balance for your Bee Nuc order is due at pick up. Cancellations will lose their $50 deposit.
Live chicks, honey bee, and sheep orders must be picked up within 30 days of the agreed pick up date.
Our customers have a 99.7% success rate, so we know you will be pleased with your products and service.